Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pursuit of Happyness

I have been off my medication for months.. and you know what?  I'm ok!  I have realized that I have to live right now, in the moment, day to day, loving whatever comes my way.  Yes, there are several things that could be going better in life, but I'll take what I can get. 

I have an incredible family whom I'm incredibly close too.  I often find myself complaing that I don't have very many girlfriends that I can confide in a hang out with.  I've never really had a best friend.  But I have my family.  My sisters are my best friends and not everyone can say that.  So who cares if I don't have a best friend down the street that I've grown up with and hang out with all the time.  I do that with Rachel and Carly.  I thought is was pretty wierd when my brother married a girl my age.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  :)   I have some pretty amazing cousins too. ;)
Emily is engaged.  I'm pretty flippin excited about that!

I have the greatest job a Elementary Education major could ask for.  CHASP (Club Heights AfterSchool Program) is such a big part of my life.  I work Monday through Friday with the most adorable little first graders who simply adore me!  I love my coworkers, we've all been working together for almost three years.  I get paid to hang out with kids and get great hours and good money for it!

Teaching piano is rewarding, fun and brings in cash that I can actually play with (on a good month).  It helps me to better my own piano skills and it is a chance for me to learn to work one on one with kids.  It allows me to get to know them on a deeper level.  I love these kids. 

I have three fluffy kitties :)

One of my best friends is back from Australia and back in my life.  We were best friends when when we were little kids but we've grown apart.  It is so great to have him back and be able to talk to him and spend time with him.  I need a friend right now, he needs a friend right now.  It's good. :)

I go to Weber State to slave away so that one day I can manage a classroom full of snotnosed little kids and make slightly more money than I'm making now.  I love going to class everyday and seeing the other girls (and Jeff and Bob) who I have become so fond of.  When you spend 12 hours a day in room 329 of the David OMcKay Education building with 23 other people, you grow to love them!  School is hard, stressful and full of more projects, lesson plans and papers that I care to keep track of.. but it will all be worth it one day.

The weather is currently beautiful and I know I will feel different when it snows, but I'm happy right now.  I went for a walk this morning.  I'm grateful for Washington Terrace, for my neighbors and friends here. 

I love my Single's ward.  I wish I could go to FHE everyweek.  There are some great people.  Our RS presidency is great.  They care about us and make us all feel special.  Today was Testimony meeting, it was very moving and make me really focus on my own testimony.  I do have one.  This church is true.  Everything I know is true.

We've been talking in RS for a few weeks about being happy about where we are in life, right now.  We need to have goals and we need to work toward them, but right here, right now we need to be grateful for what we have.  I spend way too much time thinking about my future and what I don't have.  I have so much to be happy about!

1 comment:

  1. Bethany, I loved this post more than anything!! :) I love seeing you SO HAPPY and you can tell in your smile that you absolutely Love life!!

    ReplyDelete