Monday, January 17, 2011

Not a Taylor Swift sort of romance!

I think that deep down, every girl wants the typical fairy tale romance where you grow up and marry your childhood best friend/boy next door/high school school sweetheart/first kiss/long time crush ... boy.  We want this because it is something shown with so many romantic comedies and Taylor Swift songs.  We grow up hoping and wishing that our lives will turn out exactly how we want them too.  We may not even be in love with.. or even like this person any more, they they seem to be our options, our fate, our destiny.  We start to grow up and see them move on and we realize that sometimes..  life throws curves at you.  Maybe I was wrong.  Perhaps a whirlwind romance and fast engagement is the way to go.  We may not have known that person for our entire lives but we will have the blessing to know them for the rest of our lives and beyond.  I don't know what- or should I say who's coming and I don't know how long I'll have to wait.  But I know I'll have that happiness that I see my friends and loved ones have.  And it probably won't be with who I want it to be with- or who I think it should be.  I guess I won't know until it happens. 
I can't wait. 

1 comment:

  1. :) And, it WILL BE WORTH the wait! Had things turned out how I wanted them to . . . you'd be reading a post from Mrs. Mario Ruiz! My first grade crush - and as you know, the first in a long line that didn't "work out". THANK GOODNESS ;) Whomever he is, and wherever he is, and WHENEVER he is, he's awfully lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete