Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Well.. this is what I wanted!

The only thing I have ever wanted to do with my life is teach.  My grandmothers were both teachers.  My older sister taught school for a few years and I have worked in an elementary school for the past four years.  I am not short of experience on teaching.  As a piano teacher, as a primary teacher, as a group leader at CHASP and PTC, as a merit badge counselor and area director, helping my sister in her classroom, helping my mom with her ESL and reading groups.. You think I'd be super good at this?  Right? 

I have always considered my self a natural at this.  So why am I all of a sudden stuck in a rut- struggling to come up with lesson plans (my usual creativity is shot :P), staying awake all night long panicking- hoping my lesson actually works and procrastinating worse than ever??   Maybe I have just hit burnout.  5 years of college is taking it's toll.  I want to be DONE!

Maybe things will be better when I graduate (if that happens) and I have my OWN classroom.  Right now I am in another teacher's class.  I teach spontaneous lessons.  I can't stay as much as I wish I could because I have another class and a job that I am trying keep- so that I can pay to student teach next semester!  I have had 2 1/2 weeks to teach 8 lessons.  I have taught 2.  Ug.  If I had my own classroom things would be better.   But I'm not there yet! And I will never be there unless I can pick my self up and FINISH what I've started.  I am sooo close.  Graduation looms a mere 6 months away.  I want be a good student teacher.  I want to be as good as my super awesome, middle aged, teacher pet classmates.  I want to wear that Wildcat purple and accept my diploma! 

But instead-  I am blogging.  Instead of preparing for my lessons.  Maybe it is the onset of my horrible seasonal depression, maybe I am just lazy, maybe I don't care anymore.  But I need to be better, because I am so close.  But yet so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment