Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 in photos.

I did one of these last year, it is a fun way for myself to reminisce on the best parts of my year.  So here we go!  I don't have pictures of everything..

January:

New semester at school- Geography, Astronomy, Biology... bleh!  I passed.  I made it.
I got hired to work at Philmont!  Crashed a Bartlett Staff meeting to visit my boys.
Single's Ward fun...


80's night at Weber State 


Visiting Debbie in Logan after an Afterschool conference in Brigham City.  Aggie Icecream! 







February:

Emily and Layne got the OK from the First Presidency to go ahead with the temple wedding.  Whoohoo!
I started a new round of 4H clubs at CHASP- Crime and Spy Science and African Safari.  What an adventure that was!  
Valentines Day had no big events.  I don't have a boyfriend or any admirers.  I frosted cookies with my first graders. 
Amy Herrick took Emily and Layne's engagement pictures.  We had fun with Rachel's camera also.


Me, Emily and Rachel went up to Rexburg to visit Dani and Ariel. 


 We ordered Pizza and drank slushies to welcome in new episodes of Glee



March:  

Emily and Laynes Wedding!  



The night before.  With the cousies. 

Post lunch in- pre reception bowling game in our Bride's Maids dresses!

I went on a road trip with my cousin, his wife, my grandma and my sister.  We went to Arches, Capital Reef, Canyonlands, Natural Bridges, Deadhorse point, Monument Valley, Moab, Green River.. it was amazing!






April: 

General Conference!  Lay around the house in your PJs and listen to the words of modern prophets and amazing men an women.  Pizza and soda for lunch.  :) 

Trip Florida!  My  boss took me down to Orlando to go to the National Afterschool Conference.  We stayed in an AMAZING hotel, went to interesting classes and learned some great games, techniques and references, met fun people, got to lay by the pool, eat at incredible restaurants, visit Universal Studios- Magical World of Harry Potter!!!  And did I mention this was all free?  Well except for Harry Potter...  So much fun!  


 Butterbeer!  Yum!



 Chilling by the pool between classes. 

Epic Hotel. Gaylord Suites. 

Easter weekend we drove out to Park Valley for some awesome paint-balling in a place called 'The Devil's Playground'.  My first experience paint-balling.  

Ben brought Jess along.  


Ready for war. 


May: 

Out of school with my all time lowest GPA of 2.6.   



Had a Cinquo De Mayo Mocktail Party.






Finished the Bartlett Quilt. 



Experienced a real cattle brand!

Road a horse through an open field. 

Me, Emily and Layne went camping in Park Valley.  Hiked to an old mine, told ghost stories and spent two hours trying to light a fire with everything from mirrors, glasses, friction, flint.. before we found the matches.  

We roasted marshmallows and Starbursts at Carly's parent's house. 






Hiked Waterfall Canyon with Debbie

 
Had my first couple of days at Philmont. 


June: 


I learned how to be a group leader.  Took my first group of kids to Hunting Lodge, and stayed in the same spot I stayed the summer before on my own trek.

We hiked The Tooth of Time the second week.  Picture of Amy before she ruined her leg come down the ridge. 



We traveled to Trinidad for the first time to eat at Wonderful House.  I love New Mexico.

  Any I had my first of many experiences at the Saint James Hotel.  Pizza on the porch.  Yum!!

Our tent.  Messy!

\
My first group of kids.  With Chun-Man and Amanda.

July:  


The heat continued.  LDS weeks came.  The best two weeks I spent at Philmont.  President Beck from the Young Men's presidency presided.  Sister Wixom- Primary General President was also there.  The Spirit was SO strong and I was happy all the time.  The drought finally broke with some much need rainstorms.


We traveled to the Great Sand Dunes the an amazingly fun day. 



Some of the girls from my favorite group of the summer during the second LDS week.  My Mustangs.  30 Beehive girls..  wow.  


The LDS group traveled to Denver.  We went to the Temple, we saw Harry Potter and we ate at some yummy places.  I love these guys.  






Stephers pouring some chocolate syrup straight into a Mustang's mouth!


Me with President and Sister Beck.  

                                          Me and one of my best friends from the summer- Jeff.


                                          Celebrating the Fourth of July with Lisa and Rachel!


August: 


Hike to Crater Lake with Rachel and Brandon, we got lost and bushwacked for three hours through Philmont back country- barely making the show.  But hiked through beautiful meadows, and took pictures on the ridge of a beautiful canyon.  Too bad I can't find the pictures..




My favorite people.  Eating lunch at The Porch. 


Trip to Santa Fe!  Cool Catholic Cathedrals, spicy food, post cards, live music, fun shopping. 


LDS groupies the night before James left- heading for his mission in Texas.  We hung out in South Tent City and laughed and laughed and laughed.. Then some of us sat on the program stage and told each other our life stories. 

 I took a hike with some awesome people.  We got lost in the dark on top of a haunted mesa!  


Chun-Man wanted a full group shot of all the LDS groupies.  This was taken after church one of our last Sundays.  


The night before Rachel left.  Chilling at the snack bar. 


We were highly productive that last week..  How many Philmont staffers can you fit in a program office?


A couple days after coming home I went to one of my other favorite places in the world.  Bear Lake. 


September: 



Started Level 3 in the Elementary Education Program at Weber State.  This is my class... :) 


My poster I made. 


Me, Alex and Rachel at Ben's wedding reception. He was the clown.  It was a carnival theme. 


The whole big crazy gang! 

October:


Started field work in Odyssey Elementary, 4th/5th split.

Halloween Masquerade Party, hung out at Zach's on Halloween night passing out candy and scaring kids.



We had a Halloween Carnival at work.  Natalie is a genius.  We call it 'Angry Bats'. 


Helping Melinda at her work's spook alley. 

Me and Zach on Halloween night. 


November:

Thanksgiving, finished field work, weather got colder and nothing really exciting happened.. 

My Grandma was hospitalized for a couple of days for some pains.  We had a little too much fun that night.. 






We had the family over at our house for Thanksgiving.  It was fun.


December:  


Celebrated Alex's birthday with Hottubbing, cake, and a movie.  


Spent some time at Winco. 




And had the whole family for Christmas.  

Good year!!




No comments:

Post a Comment