Monday, December 6, 2010

My Greatest Hits.

I am taking a leaf out of Charlie Pace's life and writting my greatest hits.  This is not too make myself sound extrordinary- because I am most definately not.  I am doing it to remind myself how truly grateful I am for my life.  Sometimes I get so caught in watching other people's sucess's that I become jealous- I don't think that I have done as much.  I was never class President, traveled to another county, won a national competition, been as called as Relief Society President or been extremely popular.  However, I have done things in my life that I am truly proud of.  I need to remind myself of that and that is when I am happy.  I am not trying to be selfish- just reflective...   I can't list these in order of importance and some are pinpointed moments and others and just times in my life. 

Camp Bartlett.  There are too many great moments from camp.  It changed me completely.  My proudest moments of camp were: Becoming Handicraft Director, having my entire staff together this summer to retire the flag, recieving a grommit from one of my heros-John Anderson, and the moment Maman Lewis came up to me in tears, hugging and thanking me for all I had done for her 11 year old that summer, hanging out with my staff, haning out with Zach and Deanna. 

Finally earning my Young Women's Medallion, the day I turned 18 and giving Amy Morgan a big hug. 

Swimming:  Cheering on my team at regionals my Junior year.  The team stunk, we were losing horribly but we were happy and we were together.  We screamed and laughed as the boys finished the meet by doggy paddling and corkscrewing the entire 400 relay. 
Going to State- even as alternates- hanging out in the hotel, lounging around the pool and going out to dinner .
Being named girls captain my senior, getting my letter and winning the MVP award. 

Watching Zach and Chad Sakurata recieve their eagle awards and Zach giving me his mentoring pin.

Being team captian of T.H.Bells N.A.L third round.

Getting a job at CHASP.  Having kids give me hugs every day that I go into work. 

Finally getting my essay in the schools Laws of Life Essay Contest.

Sitting in the Handishack toasting orange Fanta to Zach Harris before he left on his mission and hours long phone calls with Zach. 

My brother's wedding.

Piano Recitals.  I feel like a Star.

Creating the school cheer in 6th grade and standing in front of the whole school getting recognized for it. 

Having class with all the girls in the Weber States Education Program.  Level two was the hardest and best semester of my life.

Thanksmas's

Prom.  We went as good friends, but Jeff still made me feel like a Princess.  The only formal dance I've ever been to. 

Going to devotionals, baptisms, and institute acitivites with Tami, my greatest friend from Snow College. 

My art hanging up the school hallway for people to see. 

Going to California, St. George, Bear Lake and Wolf creek with my family. 

Backpacking through Philmont with Debbie. 

Hanging out with my sisters. 

Deep talks with my mom. 

Soup nights with my family. 

1 comment:

  1. :*) I heart Bethany!
    Your life IS great . . . and so is the person living it!

    ReplyDelete